Tuesday, October 27, 2009

A few weeks ago Robert & Al had to go work at the Colorado Holcim plant. They asked Ronda & I to tag along with them on the "Road Trip". Let me tell ya what- we are some lucky ladies, I seen country I have never seen before. It was AMAZING. So So beautiful!!!
These two are way to funny- you think they are enjoying the beauty, which I'm sure they are. BUT- they was evaluating which rocks to start at! (Yes Al & Ronda are big rock freaks like us!) Oh yes- they found rocks!!! Lots of strange mineral filled rocks..Ronda & Robert even crossed the road to find "RANDOM" rocks.. They didn't stay with the group!!! I've decided if your name starts with R you are a "REBEL"... I was so excited when I seen this- I LOVE all the old mining stuff…


You know your going to see some cool mining stuff when the water looks like this.

And Cool- OH YA- It was every where!!! ((EVERY WHERE)) It was so fun looking in all the old houses!! Ronda found a "RANDOM" way to get to the bottom of a hill-
(slide down on her butt..)
The Towns where so beautiful- There is old buildings on every corner! This is the town of Silverton.
We stayed in Durango Colorado and was able to hit the museum & watch the old train head out- that was really cool.Then we decided we would go find a cool place to take pictures of it puffing into Silverton- We found a really beautiful place to take pictures of the train. The only problem was we beat the train by a half hour. So Ronda and I was able to get some pictures with our hot guys on the track!!
Here it is-That was awesome to see it blowing black as it came up the canyon...
Then another one of our stops was at the Royal Gorge bridge- Which was just another amazing thing to see BUT- you know it's going to be cold when the flowers look like this when you get out of the truck~
It was really neat looking over the side, but, you didn't get that gut dropping experience until you looked down the cracks of the bridge. So Ronda and I looked really nice with our butts in the air laying on the bridge taking pictures. I think they turned out really cool looking!Cold- OH YA- Freezing cold... A little cold weather isn't going to stop us from getting pictures with our honeys- No Way!!Monday morning rolled around and we was in Canon city Colorado- So Ronda and I was UN supervised and ready to shop. Robert had "google Earthed" the town and made us reservations at the Hampton because there was a "HUGE" shopping center across the street and we was vehicle less. He was so thinking of us & it was so sweet and thoughtful but the shopping center ended up being a prison. There is about 7 Prisons in the town we stayed at! That didn't put a damper on Ronda and I we ended up walking to a few museums. All of them where closed except for the old jail. Well let me tell you I'm a big BABY when it comes to going in places that LOTS of people have died in.(bad-bad people)... So Ronda and I did the tour-which u don't have a guide, they give you an ipod thing with ear phones. So Ronda walked around for an hour with me in her pocket! I wouldn't go anywhere unless she went first! It was fun (freaky-but really a fun time). This is the Gas chamber that bad people where put to death at- and below is a picture of someone getting ready to get gas!!! EEEWWWW.. It was a very detailed prison tour and all the stuff is still in the prison!!! Once again EEEEEEEWWWWWW..... It was a learning experience. This is the basement where the prisoners would have to make the uniforms they had. Yes this is the original stuff that the "bad" people used..
I did have lots and lots of fun!! And a speciel thanks to Ronda for being so brave and letting me hold your hand and be a big BABY...We seen LOTS & LOTS of amazing country!
We stopped along the way at this really neat old dealership and out of all the cool old cars, what car does Al & Robert think is the coolest...........
Not any of these...
This Ugly one- a Gremlin!!! (NASTY)...

Once again- Thank you Al & Ronda for a Wonderful trip!! Thank you so much for being such great friends :)

No comments:

Post a Comment